Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay everyone here it goes....

This winter my car will be getting a big engine makeover, complete swap of internals and supercharger, traction mods, and a set of new tires here in about a week... I am putting up a list of parts here and projected numbers.

Things I already have
AEM Cold Air Intake
Full 3 inch exhaust w/modified stock muffler
Magnaflow downpipe
ZZP Shorty Header
Autometer Cobalt Series Boost Gauge
AEM Uego Wideband
Ported Supercharger
Cobalt addiction Dual pillar pod
Ingalls Torque Dampener
ZZP Heat Exchanger

Parts that are to come

Devils own Methanol Injection
2.6" Pulley
79lb fuel injectors + harness
Ottp Rotated Mounts (engine)
Hawk Brake Pads with slotted rotors
Tinted Windows 15%
Racing Stripes (Charcoal Metallic) two right down the center

More to come.....

Projected Horsepower... depends on the tune....

Parts Installed

Dual Pillar Pod w/Cobalt series boost gauges and AEM Uego Wideband

ZZP S3 Heat Exchanger

·
Registered
446 Posts
Holy Crap! I just went to Harrop's site to like at the supercharger and that thing is godly! I didn't know HKS makes cams for our cars, or are universal/custom?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with some modifications the cams can be run with our cars. they are going to be different cams run to the same specs, I suppose I should have put that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow! Sounds insane man. Although I would definitley not put stripes on it. Cobalts just don't look good with stripes down the middle, but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow that is one sick sc

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh and i forgot to mention I am selling my old stuff. Will have a for sale thread up in a couple days.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
damn! thats gonna be insane. hopefully all goes well with the build

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are you going to use the stock throttle body, a ported version, or one of the LS throttle bodies. It would be pretty wicked to use an LS1 TB! :O

·
Registered
869 Posts
Btw you're tranny is going to grenade itself. I'm not trying to be funny either. That Getrag five speed will not take 375whp.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thats gonna be a solid build. Good luck with it and have fun. Make sure you keep us updated. And thats a nice selection of parts. My 3 favorite are ZZP Heat Exchanger The Eagle Rods & Devils own Methanol Injection. P.S. You better get some stickyyy tires

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
hey stripes is sex! lol i dont like the ones that go all the way down tho... jmo

·
Registered
277 Posts
not really bye bye supercharger, more like bye bye m62, hello TVS :cool:.

Anyways, build looks pretty good. Would definitely look into getting a new clutch, prolly like a St.3+ or something that candle that power. Also, you may want to think about new axels, but im sure u already know that. Well, good luck on the build man, im gonna stay tuned.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah there are some parts that I didn't list, i figured they weren't important for people to really know or care about, generally stuff that people would already know.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.