Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have been doing many things to my 06 cobalt SS SC (G85 package) over the winter... took a few steps forward then a few jumps back... when i blew my motor testing it out.

but now she is about done, motor and body wise.

so here it goes, the plan: stage 4 kit from C/A, meth injection, some body work and repaint, CAI, Exhaust,lil interior work, lil trunk work... and some other small touches

new blower, ported out and rebuilt

2.6" pulley down from the stock 3.3

stage 4 kit, computer, tensioner, stage 2 belt, pulley, 60# injectors, with harness, and 2 step colder plugs

ported intake mani...

hidden meth kit

put back together

Hurst!

and the test run... video was stopped right before motor blew.... we ran it to rich and then leane dit out to fast... we first washed the walls, then melted down the piston while forcing over 20PSI of boost past the rings cousing them to break off
YouTube - Cobalt SS Stage 4
not even near full throttle either

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so the rebuild:

here is the damages...

new pistons to compare,

new pistons on rods

thanks Tom(crateenginedepot) for getting me those rod bolts at the meet!

freshly sleved and honed block

the head
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
body work... this is what we planned and photo shopped for the body work

and here is the work

rims 19" ADR rims

Recarobalt_RLC added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

the front bumper was wet sanded in the pic and the roof is not clear coated yet..

the black paint i used was Pearl black metalic

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its just about done

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I'm talking about! That looks hot
thanks man, its good to hear shit like that after all the time and money put in it...

and for those of you who didnt know i did all the motor work and body work my self... this car never saw a shop for this stuff...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got a SS so my struts are lower, but i have the Eibach sportline springs with 19" ADR rims and the tire size is... 235/35/19 any bigger i would have hit the bottom of the lower spring brace on the strut.

and thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Damn you are dumping a stupid amount of money into this thing hahaha...looks phenomenol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes and no. when you do all the work your self its not as uch as it seems

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Way to represent ... i would expect something like this from you

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha thanks man!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love the color, Way to have some patience and love for the cobalt. What did those pistons run you. Do these cobalt actually have a timing chain or a belt? Looks good!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
cobalts have a timing chain... safer then a belt...

so yeah i have been breaking her in for the last 4-5 days.... put about 650 miles on her already... ran the car the first hundred mileson regular oil... then changed the oil and filter... again put in regular oil... i will change it agian at 1000 but then she will be ready for Synthetic.
while breaking it in i noticed when ever i give her some juice the boost shoots up so fast and the clutch slips haha... i know the clutch was fine before the build.. and we didnt touch the trans during the build... and the car only has 5k on it... haha so the car has to much boost HP and TQ for the clutch so i just ordered the Centerforce dual friction clutch... the DFX version not the DF one... the DF is only rated for 350hp/tq and the DFX is rated for over 450hp/tq and they both come with a light weight flywheel.

once the clutch is in i will be slowly breaking it in.. (600 miles) by then the car should have around 2000 miles on it and then i will drop in the new stage 2 axles and have it fine tuned... right now she is on a weaker tune for break in.

Recarobalt_RLC added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

oh and i got some new pics on the car.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
god that car is sexy, i love the rims, its nice to seem some rims that arnt 5 spoke, i see them everywhere. But do me a favor and go spank some hondas asap. All honda drivers i meet think SS/SC's are garbage. prove them wrong for me, since i cant do it with an lt =\.. lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good amn...are you gonna do a heat exchanger ...like a front mount?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha i will not only take on hondas.... but i will prove that this little 4 banger will womp those expensive, V8s that think they are the shit.

yeah i am actually on the look out for the cobra heat exchanger.... so if you know anyone.... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.