Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Okay I was vacuuming my car tonight and the key wansnt in the engine or anything. But my car was unlocking and locking the doors by itself like alot. Ater that I got home and while my car was on, it kept doing it. I turned it off and again. I locked it and got out and I could hear it still doing it a couple times. By now I notcied a car with a lock icon on my dash board. I came back to my car a little later and opened my trunk and my alarm went off and so did the emergency signals. Now I have my remote, but it doesn't work. So I couldn't have set if off by accident or pressed the buttons nothing like that. My stepdad unplugged my battery and it still did it. And he unplugged the fuse thing too and still no change. What's going on with my car guys. Please help me :( I'm scared I'll be at a store and someone will jack my car cause it's not fully locked all the time. I can't find my manual anywhere so I don't know what that icon stands for

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have no idea what’s going on with your locks but the car with the lock symbol is for the alarm system. When the doors are locked, it arms and blinks that light. It also blinks if the doors aren’t locked as a theft deterrent (but the alarm system is not armed).

I hope you find out what's wrong with it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This sounds like the body control module is going bad. You'll need to take this to a dealer and first fix might be to reflash the software on to the bcm. Next fix is to replace it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.... And ff drift, what did you do. How did you get it fixed? And how much did it come out to?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Mine did it once, randomly - haven't had it happen again *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It hasn't done it these past 2 days. Yeah I knock on wood lol I don't wanna jinx it !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.