Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got these for $190 on Ebay, works perfect! Plug and play; although wish they were HIDS. Sorry for the lack of pics, I have school starting, moving and work still. I'll hopefully get a lot more pics soon!

Front

Sides

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How do you like the gen 2 projectors? Did you align em? Cause I was actually thinking of geting a set of gen 2 off ebay that were plug and play with 8000k low and hight hids for 300.
why 8000k?
that's so blue..

·
Registered
350 Posts
I fail to understand why anyone wants blue for headlights. It's so useless, especially in poor weather. 4,300k is going to be the brightest and works best in poor weather.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have 6000k's, and I can see forever.
4300k-6000k's for headlights
3000k for fogs ( yellow ) - best in rain/fog

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love the color of a true 4,300k bulb. I'm using Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs in my EvoX-R retrofit. It just has a tinge of yellow, which is perfect for Pacific NW weather.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
it's just white

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cutoff? And yes these are pretty nice. I tried taking a pic with the lows on but I would have to try at a earlier time of the day.
Cutoff is basically the line that designates where your beam pattern stops due to the cutoff shield. The sharper a cutoff and the more uniform a cutoff step (a naturally occurring deviation in a projector beam's cutoff line), the better.

Best way to see it is to park in front of a wall at dusk or dark, maybe 20-25 feet away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.