Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2009 Cobalt LS XFE with the 5 speed manual. It was a great little car. Bought it new in late 09 for $12,500.

Since it was poverty spec, I decided I was going to be a wise guy and install power windows/locks. I bought the factory service manual and went junkyard hopping. I found a wrecked 08 and pulled the interior harness out. I paid like 20 bucks for it since it was half cut, but it had everything I needed. I also took the lock actuators, window motors, and door cards. Ended up around 300 bucks. Took me a few evenings of deconstruction to pull the old harness apart and get it ready to lay over the existing wires in the car. It was pretty easy, I only made one mistake pinning the connectors. Well worth the time and effort for the next 6 years of having power doors.

7 weeks ago I was driving along and a high speed chase came off of a side street unexpectedly and hit my right front quarter. Totaled the car with 75,000 miles on it. I ended up getting almost $5000 in the buyout. I got a 17 Cruze with a 6 speed manual. https://imgur.com/eEIFMiq I was hurt in the collision. I tore my ACL and got a nice gash on the top of my head. I had just given blood and was maybe 400 feet out of my parking spot. Wear your seatbelt.

Anyway I am left with this stuff if anyone wants it, I don't want to throw it away. Pay for shipping/come pick it up and its yours. Sway bar and control arm bushings. And the FSM for 09. https://imgur.com/nOnGfqV

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Were you hit by a cop car or the fleeing suspect?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The suspect, an unlicensed minor in a stolen car, hit me and the cops boxed him in. That's why the trooper is on my fender in the pic.

The Cruze is a perfectly cromulent A to B appliance. I feel like I've stepped up my "he drives a girl car" game with this one though. It's bright red. The turbo is so small, its cute. The reverse gate button makes me feel like I have a machine gun.

My complaints include: The cupholders are odd sized. It's hard to clutch while going through ACL reconstruction and rehab. The backup camera perspective is odd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a red Cobalt and I feel kind of the same way about that although it is a fun car to drive. (Since it was also Mom's car before I started driving it.) My head also almost touches the ceiling if I want to reach the steering wheel.

It's good to know you're alright. This looks like when I totaled my ford explorer and I had a blazer which was rear ended on our corner and the frame straightened, before I got the cobalt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.