Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having my 05 Cobalt LS for about 6 months now certain things have been acting up. My lock/unlock button doesnt work at all, but the locks will unlock and lock at random times. If you fiddle with the window controls (any of the four) they lock and unlock as well. This causes my alarm to go off every time i open my car and won't stop till I start it. My drivers side speaker also starts to cut out on quick/sharp turns and when im braking. A little tap or playing with the brakes seems to make it come back on. These things arent really a problem, just very annoying. Any related problems with you guys or is my car possesed by a demon?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The locking issue has to do with moisture in the panel most likely. This happened to me when I got my car detailed, lock,unlock,lock,unlock, for about 20 minutes until it dried out. The speakers on these cars just plain suck so your problem is most likely either connection or the speaker just going bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah it's a demon called GM. GM pays 6 cents each for those speakers and you pay for what you get. Do you have key FOBs for your door locks? Like BlackBalts says the door switches don't like water,snow or soft drinks. You can take them apart and clean them or replace them altogether.

Example Dorman Door Lock Switch - Front Driver Side - Fits Chevrolet Cobalt & Pontiac G5 | eBay
agreed. Modern cars are so annoying lol. Your power door locks are permanent magnets and just remember the 2 wires reverse polarity from lock-unlock of positive-negative cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.