Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
So ive had my 06 Cobalt for eight months now. I bought it knowing it had a problem starting in the cold. Ive replaced the throttle body fuel pump ignition module and fuel sensor and the crank shaft sensor. My mechanic recommends having my pcm module reprogrammed. Ive read through fprums on here that it could be the knock sensor. Bc it Will run perfectly abobe soxty two degrees without Any issues. However it wont start and stay running it starts and shuts off. Could really use some help here. Ive also been told it could be a compression issue caused by having bad piston rings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Well he has done all the replacement work on the car so far. May have to have it taken to a Chevy dealership and have it diagnosed on a mastertech machine. Ive put hella money into this car and dont want to well it bc it does run quite well even with this issue

·
Registered
73 Posts
Perhaps you need a mechanic with more experience. If I can’t figure something out at my shop, I usually know another mechanic that can. I try to never ever refer my customers to a dealership. Also having a scanner with capabilities of viewing electrical outputs helps. But the mechanic also has it know how to interpret the info. I usually will try to verify the part is bad before replacing it so to avoid causing the customer to spend unnecessary money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts