Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a clip of my cobalt with a few mods on a cold start. I think this would help on those debating on what kind of exhaust to get. Its not raspy at all (18" resonator) for a $200 cat-back bolt on 2 piece. It is very identical to the TSudo, but has a smaller tip. I am looking at putting on the ZZP Header/Downpipe catted combo in the next month along with springs/struts :)

(pay no attention to me in my PJ's (lazy day))

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
If you have badmab header already why buy new header? Cheaper to just get the dp.

Going to get a lot louder once you put the dp on too! FYI

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have badmab header already why buy new header? Cheaper to just get the dp.

Going to get a lot louder once you put the dp on too! FYI
Oh ok, Ill just go with the 2.5" catted DP, I know it will increase exhaust noise by 15-20%, but heard the gain was noticeable. I wonder what all of this with a PCM dyno tune will do, hmm...

My MazdaSpeed and WRX had catless 3", great gains, but annoyingly loud lol.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Fully bolted and tuned should net you around 169 whp or 205 hp.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fully bolted and tuned should net you around 169 whp or 205 hp.
I was gonna say around 155hp and 158tq at the wheels, PCM 4 less here in NC (22 miles away from house) will go 6-8 pulls on their dynojet and do some PCM tuning. Odd how they mainly do F bodies and their programmer is compatible with LAF Computers.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Sounds fine but I never judge a exhaust by it's YouTube, they sound so different irl

Getting me antsy to throw my exhaust on! Should be getting my header tomorrow and install Monday with my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.