Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 5 years of driving, had my first fender-bender this morning. Guy in front of me with an SUV slammed his breaks. I have never really slammed my breaks before. I obviously didn't slam them hard enough because I ended up just bumping his trailer hitch. He had no damage whatsoever. The road was also wet, which may have made a difference. Here are some lovely pics for you all. On a more Positive note, I think it's time for an SS bumper soon...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
well atleast the the headlights were not included this just gives you a reason now to get an SS front bumper

glad your okay

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Thats one big bumper bender! Shit that sucks

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

If you can't afford an ss bumper yet, then just heat it and bend the flaps back.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thats one big bumper bender! Shit that sucks
Worst part is, if he wouldn't
Have had a hitch, there would have probably been only scuffs.
Anyone know decent place to find ss bumper? Dealer wants $300 unpainted and eBay shipping sucks(will come out to more than $300 with shipping for a used bumper from eBay)

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

[/COLOR]If you can't afford an ss bumper yet, then just heat it and bend the flaps back.
Good idea. I'm goin to do that for the winter, while I shop around for An ss bumper and then get it painted. But I think I'll still use this bumper for winters so that my ss bumper doesn't get messed up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well atleast the the headlights were not included this just gives you a reason now to get an SS front bumper

glad your okay
Exactly. Thank god for that!

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Looks JDM to me. put a bandaid decal over it and youre fine.

LMFAO that's amazing

·
Registered
872 Posts
Worst part is, if he wouldn't
Have had a hitch, there would have probably been only scuffs.
Anyone know decent place to find ss bumper? Dealer wants $300 unpainted and eBay shipping sucks(will come out to more than $300 with shipping for a used bumper from eBay
r u doing the work yourself? if you're taking it to a body shop, especially if you're going through insurance, just tell them you want an ss bumper on instead of the ls/lt bumper. they cost the same, around 475 depeding on the shop and stuff obviously. any respectable shop wont care and will replace it with the ss one for free, just make sure you talk to more than one to find the one that will be willing to work with you.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yea it does suck that youwere in a wreck, and a rear ender on top of that. But at least you are OK and the lights were not affected.

And yes good time to get an SS bumper.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
r u doing the work yourself? if you're taking it to a body shop, especially if you're going through insurance, just tell them you want an ss bumper on instead of the ls/lt bumper. they cost the same, around 475 depeding on the shop and stuff obviously. any respectable shop wont care and will replace it with the ss one for free, just make sure you talk to more than one to find the one that will be willing to work with you.
Nope, I'm not going to file a claim. Last I checked, ss bumper was around $300 without the lip and without paint. My work friend's brother in law owns a body shop. I'm hoping he can hook me up with a good deal to paint the ss bumper. But I'll be paying myself unfortunately. Good thing I'm on my work term starting January.

Does anyone know the part number for the SS front bumper with the slots for the lip? I wan to be sure when I order it from the dealer that it's the right bumper. I will be waiting a bit to order it though. And I don know if the part number is different in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
911 Posts
yeah go for the SS bumper and keep that one for the winter...I've always had two front bumpers for my cars...got a G5 one for my Cobalt as a spare

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nope, I'm not going to file a claim. Last I checked, ss bumper was around $300 without the lip and without paint. My work friend's brother in law owns a body shop. I'm hoping he can hook me up with a good deal to paint the ss bumper. But I'll be paying myself unfortunately. Good thing I'm on my work term starting January.

Does anyone know the part number for the SS front bumper with the slots for the lip? I wan to be sure when I order it from the dealer that it's the right bumper. I will be waiting a bit to order it though. And I don know if the part number is different in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.
yea i was including paint and supplies in the cost, but if ur not doing it at a shop i would wait till spring to order a new bumper. stick with that one for awhile

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.