Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember one time i felt bass on the speaker cover but i have never heard any words from either side...

could this be blown out speakers??? how can i tell if they are blown out?

i plan on taking apart the door and getting a look at it tomarow

i've had the car since 11/28/09 and it hasnt worked since....

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the same problem.. there was a previous thread about this but im wondering after replacing the stalk speakers that if this will happen again.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
If you are hearing bass and nothing else, I would check your H/U's settings. A blown speaker will usually not move at all (no bass), or have a popping/scratching sound to it. Do you have tweeters in your doors (premium sound)?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine aren't blown then just stop working one day and on some rare occasions they will work. first it was my front left and then a few months later it was my front right.. If i replace them will it fix that problem or is it some kind of wiring?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sounds like wiring came loose, or the radio is starting to give out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine aren't blown then just stop working one day and on some rare occasions they will work. first it was my front left and then a few months later it was my front right.. If i replace them will it fix that problem or is it some kind of wiring?
Basically the same thing happened to me. My front right stopped working one day, and then came back on a few times randomly for the next month or so. I tried moving my front left to the front right, to see if it was wiring, and it worked fine. I'm 90% sure you just need new front speakers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yep. I replaced them with a duplicate set of speakers I'm selling now. No problems at all, and the difference in sound quality is awesome.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah i tested mine yesterday and there is no bass at all or nothing, i adjusted the HU to the front (F) and there was no noise, moved it front then left and right and still nothing. so i am positive that there is something wrong with BOTH, could this be because of the stock amp since both arnt working or do u think that randomly both stopped....i tried taking the door panel off to see if the wires were ripped some how or something but the damn clips holding the door wouldnt come off...

CAN ANY OF YOU HELP ME TAKE OFF THE DOOR PANEL?????

.............i read the thread about how to remove it but i dont wana buy the tool

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have that same problem. My right front speaker went out a while ago, so I thought to myself maybe it is the HU, but I have a Jensen HU nowand now the right was is not working. I am planning on changing all my interior speaks here in the next couple of months and I will see then if the problem is solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.