Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the bezel friday tonight after dinner and here are the steps I took so far. First I cut a hole for the PVC (sorry no pic currently). I then cut a piece of PVC about 3-4" long and used plastic bond epoxy to attach it. I then sanded the epoxy applied some bondo. I sanded this down with 100, 220, 320, & 400 sandpaper. Note that the PVC pipe needs to be cut about a 1/2" off the back at an angle to fit properly in the car. I decided to bondo everything before actually cutting it down to proper size. Also you may notice the gauge change from oil pressure to water temp. This is due to the fact the line adapter for the mechanical oil gauge doesn't have enough clearance in the limited cluster area. Here are some pics of the process.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That looks great man! I'd like to see some pics of the finished product in the car. In the pic with the gauge cluster it appears to be pointing slightly to the left.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its straight it just looks like that because of the angle i took the picture at to try and show it. I will be swapping the cluster face tomorrow so after that is done I will be putting everything back together and will post up some more pictures

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some final pics of it installed on the car along with my new gauge faces from BCC. I however did not install the LED kit because 1 I could not get the old light out and didn't want to risk damaging anything and 2 the stock lights put out enough light. Also as an FYI the gauge has not been hooked up yet.

Lights Off

Lights On

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I took it for a spin tonight and noticed that the face lights up a lot more than my old one. I am kind of glad that i didn't replace the stock lights cuz they probably would've been blinding lol.

·
Registered
450 Posts
that looks awesome i wish there was a dual pod in production. i may and up making one myself

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
where did you get the gauge faces for your cluster? that looks awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.