Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chevy cobalt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed thermostat and still can't get hot air on my 2008 Chevy Cobalt.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can you measure the temp of the heater hose going into the heater core?
Assuming your heater core is not plugged, check your air diverted valves/ blend door actuators. With everything turned off, you should hear them operate as you turn the temp dial from full cold to full hot after a few seconds back to full cold. Same thing should happen when you change your hvac controls from full floor to full defrost.

·
Registered
2008 Chevy cobalt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u so much. I do know that my antifreeze isn't getting as hot as it should. Only reaching 185 degrees. If it's the heater core wouldnt I smell antifreeze inside the car?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thank u so much. I do know that my antifreeze isn't getting as hot as it should. Only reaching 185 degrees. If it's the heater core wouldnt I smell antifreeze inside the car?
If there is a hole in your heater core, then yes you could possibly smell antifreeze inside your car. However, if your heater core is plugged and coolant is now flowing through the heater core….no leak..,no unusual smell.
Chances are very good your car’s coolant has never been replaced. It would be a good time to flush the system and replace all of the known fault prone problems.
Drain and flush radiator& verify flow.
Drain & flush heater core & verify flow.
Replace thermostat & gasket
Replace $15 temp sensor.
#1 Verify your blend doors are working and the blend door actuator motors are working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts