Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any common areas that I can check to find the rattle in my interior. I think its coming from the passenger door/ glove box area but I feel like I have checked everything. When its cold it doesnt do it as bad. Once the car warms up its pretty annoying.

Any tips?

Also my sunroof rattles too, is this something I can take it to the dealership under warranty?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dynamat is the only proper way to stop the rattling other wise deal with it. The cobalt is cheap for a reason

I fully understand the GM cheap interior but this is a rattle that can be fixed. It sounds like something is loose but I cant find out what it is.

My car has 33k miles on it. 2006 LT. M5

anyone else?

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey i tend to like my cheap black and yellow leather seats f-off lol just kidding. but i will say since its cold around here. hmmm hes right...my car has 23,000 and i dont notice a rattle. at all.

i guess it all depends on how bad it really is...dynomatt is good shop around...not sure how much it costs these days.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I have the no name installed in my doors and half of the trunk on the Cobalt. Also have a mix in my truck. If there was no printing on the peel off backing there would be NO difference between Daynamat and the generic stuff.

It is like all the other name brand vs generic products on the market. Only difference is the packaging. Coca Cola vs Store brand--only difference is the containers. I worked at a Coke bottling plant annd discovered that. Have seen other examples on the show "How's it's Made".

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
For the door rattles, I found that one of the larger culprits is the metal clips that the window switch bezels screw into. Same with some of the cable ties GM has for the door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.