Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my car was going crazy like on this thread http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/22816-speedometer-not-working-4.html i changed the TCM and it worked for a week and then went crazy again. I decided to change the BCM. For price reason i got a used BCM offline. Today i got my car back, after glancing at the millage it dropped to 42000 (cuz thats how much the last car it was in had on it.) What do i need to do because i live in GA and we have emissions. This will flag the system when i go to have it done in august. I cant believe that did that, crazy... Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Emissions testing wont look for that.

But for legality sake, make sure to put a sticker on the door that notes the discrepancy. Usually when older cars have the gauge cluster replaced, they lose the odometer reading too, so there is a sticker that should be affixed to the door to show that the reading on the odometer is invalid, the reading of the odometer that went in, and the reading of the one that came out. That way, you and others can simply do the math to find the true mileage of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.