Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 cobalt, stock, ls base model, nothing on the car at all, bone dead stock. I plan on changing this over time but need some good ideas. I have a performance exhaust that i had on a 99 civic, but I need more ideas, it's a 2 door, 5 speed daily driver. Will add pictures later

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Welcome! Where ya located?

I recommend the K&N Typhoon Intake or an Injen Intake to start off with.
(I have the K&N and LOVE IT!)

Also, get some springs or coilovers to slam that beast. Stock height is disgusting.
Rims.
Exhaust.
Tune.

Turbo if you want to do some hardcore work on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
watch this, i bet i can turn it into ANOTHER intake discussion thread......GET THE INJEN CAI! haha just playin.....Welcome man! theres alot of good info on here and if you got ne questions just ask! Hope you dont catch the mod bug too bad!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im living out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, i got a beast 5" muffler for it already, will show that off shortly, i like the lowering spring idea too, but im alittle uneasy about the intake, havent heard the best things about them and i just got the car, dont wanna have to put a motor in it, good way to get it supercharged quick though if i did drop a new motor in it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that if you put an aftermarket intake on its easy to take water on, ive read through some of the other threads and no one seems to have any problems so i dont really know why im worried

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
It does not seem to be much of a problem with a SRI (Short Ram Intake). It does seem to be a problem with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) because it's too close to the ground.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was already looking at the K&N typhoon intake so ill probably go with that, only reason im really worried is because where i am we get a decent amount of snow in the winter and temp. just around so most snow turns to slush and this is my daily driver, i just dont want any problems so if the typhoon wont cause any then ill get one

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I was already looking at the K&N typhoon intake so ill probably go with that, only reason im really worried is because where i am we get a decent amount of snow in the winter and temp. just around so most snow turns to slush and this is my daily driver, i just dont want any problems so if the typhoon wont cause any then ill get one
Yeah, you will be fine. the K&N SRI sits up high unlike a CAI.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It does not seem to be much of a problem with a SRI (Short Ram Intake). It does seem to be a problem with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) because it's too close to the ground.
I think its just that you need to be consious about where you drive your vehicle too if u have a CAI...i have had mine on for over a yr now....i got a pre filter on it but still, i mean just watch where ur driving....its not a boat.... haha

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It's tough to get water in the filter with a cai to begin with. It's covered by paneling all around. Now if you drive into a lake then that's a different story

·
Registered
567 Posts
haha Cesar.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Finally! another Bluenoser \m/ welcome to the site

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.