Lolz at the GOW :p

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah they are pretty nice

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i think license plate light is next on my list for lights, EVERYTHING MUST BE BLUE

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i almost went with white for the plate, but decided i still want blue :p

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
yeah i almost went with white for the plate, but decided i still want blue :p
Sorry to burst your bubble. Don't know about you, but I don't need the
on my case for a stupid LED bulb. White it is for me.

Under DOT (department of transportation) rules, FMVSS 108, all vehicles that have a license or registration plate be lighted when the headlights are on. The light can only be of a white colour and must make the plate visible (from the rear of the plate) from a distance of not less than 50 feet. This has been required for many years and Federal Law supersedes any state law.

·
Registered
675 Posts
lol yeah im not going THAT blue, just enough to offset the bright a$$ white

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to burst your bubble. Don't know about you, but I don't need the
on my case for a stupid LED bulb. White it is for me.

Under DOT (department of transportation) rules, FMVSS 108, all vehicles that have a license or registration plate be lighted when the headlights are on. The light can only be of a white colour and must make the plate visible (from the rear of the plate) from a distance of not less than 50 feet. This has been required for many years and Federal Law supersedes any state law.

Lol yup thats why im going white i dont need any thing on my clean record i work around enough po po lol i dont wanna ruin my clean driver record im a smart speeder. I know were they sit lol with out having to use a radar detector blah waste of money to me lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
eh im going to get one just because i do drive out of state every now and then. but yeah if youre in your own state and know where they are i think its a waste of $ to get one

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it makes your Maryland plate look like Connecticut you will get stopped by the
and give them a reason to check other stuff.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol yea i know theres some dumb ass around were i work that has that neon bulb license plate cover around his plate and hes always gettin pulled over lol

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

eh im going to get one just because i do drive out of state every now and then. but yeah if youre in your own state and know where they are i think its a waste of $ to get one
Ehh just gotta be smart with knowing were to speed n slow down
Soon the lil radar thing wont work xp

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ehh just gotta be smart with knowing were to speed n slow down
Soon the lil radar thing wont work xp
ha yeah thats why people are going for radar jammers now instead :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
how much did you pay for them? They look pretty sweet!

ha yeah thats why people are going for radar jammers now instead :p
I would not like to get caught with a jammer. Its a federal offense and I think the fine is like 50k and 5 years in prison! =O

·
Registered
675 Posts
oh yeah, HUUUUGEE fines and incredibly illegal. but i have heard of a few people using them.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
CobaltFTW- FYI, your typical "white" LED bulb will give a bluish hue. I dont have a pic on this computer but if you go in my garage under exterior mods or something you can see my "white" LED bulb. Plenty of cops have been behind me and never pick me up. I think it's much better for the cops to see it than the typical bulb.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah ill probably just grab a white bulb

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.