Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For everyone who doesn't follow CSS.net this is my cadillac ATS 2.0turbo RWD 6speed manual :)

I do love this car, it handles amazingly and now I know why all the LNF guys are so cocky haha! and now that I have a RWD car I'm NEVER going back to FWD

I sill love cobalts.. but I just got a deal on this that I COULDNT turn down :laugh:

current mods include... .. LED reverse/tail light bulbs, blacked out side markers and a tune from trifecta is on the way.. going to be sitting in the mid 300HP (based on other people with the same engine on the forum who've had tunes)
Going to be getting an intake/exhaust once they're developed LOL!!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
what no engine shots.... not cool man.. not cool.. *ban stick about to be unsheathed*

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol oops engine shot added! yes I realize theres plastic there.. but it only covers the engine head(not the whole !#@!$ bay), and its a really nice cover so theres no reason to paint.

Theres tons of room there to as you know its mean to fit a v6!

And yeah I thought I'd introduce it here now after driving it for a bit and being sure I loved it lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any plans to mod?
well, I'd like to lower(STRICTLY for aesthetic purposes).. but I dont really want to mess with the susension as it rides beautifully(better than anything I've ever driven)lol

I'm 100% getting it fully bolted.. soon as that stuffs available :laugh: .. there's really not much out for it A.T.M :notrust:

and like I said, getting a tune for it may 4.. will be sitting in the 300ish hp range

getting different rims for it as well, 18" Advan Rz's on the D3 cadillac.

I'm enjoying it stock for now, RWD is a riot, and the fit and finish on this car is just amazing! I really have NOTHING to complain about.

It REALLY gets moving though, coming from a 2.4 FWD cobalt this really is night and day!! :bigsmile: it snowed today and I found a huge empty parking lot and had some serious fun!! :toung:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
whats the numbers for that beast? seems like they would be lacking in the low end tq department

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Its a pretty smooth Tq band

272HP

260TQ starting at 1700RPM

makes the acceleration sorta deceptive.. it doesnt slam you in the seat at #### RPM.. sorta just a pressing feeling, wich doesnt feel like much, but then you look at the speedometer and the needle is flying. Again, now I know why the LNF guy love there engines to much, this car really does have a set of legs on it lol

what else is cool is that the manual models come standard with a LSD

raced a guy in a 2008ish 3series(idk they all the look the same to me lol) and mopped the floor with him, I'm VERY pleased with this car.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That's all good but is it nicer than the Cobalt? Is it as comfortable as the Cobalt?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
yea no comparison.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's all good but is it nicer than the Cobalt? Is it as comfortable as the Cobalt?

lol this is like comparing apples to.. .. Ski hills

and yes its damned comfortable :D like a turbo charged lazy boy. Very quiet, not a squeek or rattle anywhere, and I'm blown away at the refinement of the suspension.

I really cant complain about anything, for the first time lol, I have nothing but praise for cadillac for doing such a bang up job on a car. :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wait till you see the repair cost! I remember when the head gasket of my caddy blew. They wanted 1,400 and after reading online there was no way I was going to attempt it myself. This was a few years ago and technology has advanced though. Car looks great!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They have come a long way as far as reliability, they had too to keep selling cars. That is a nice car wish I had the money.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I thought about getting one....for $36k at the local dealer I couldn't bring myself to do it, not to mention couldn't afford it even if I wanted to

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.