Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was in the process of moving to Iowa today and heard a hollow puttering sound coming from my engine while I was throttling down from about 65mph and when I started to slow down more, something in the engine made a "pop" sound. I threw her in neutral and shut it off while I swung over to the shoulder. Coolant temp guage read 232°F when the car was off and the check engine light was on. Maybe a quart of oil was on the road and nothing on the dipstick.

Anyone else have this happen or know what may have happened?

Syn416

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Did you check to see if something may have puncture your Oil pan. Preferably metal being pushed in rather than metal pushed out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it to a shop in town. I threw a rod and it busted a hole out the bottom of the engine. Motor's shot and I'll need a new one. Fml

Syn416

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Worse possible scenario.

·
Registered
44 Posts
try to find a local junk yard maybe you'll get lucky. best of luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Took it to a shop in town. I threw a rod and it busted a hole out the bottom of the engine. Motor's shot and I'll need a new one. Fml

Syn416
Definitely sux, but keep in mind there's no way but up from here. Blowing a motor is much better that...say, terminal illness, right? See if the shop has an installment plan, find a refurb motor and get back on the road...a year from now this will be a distant memory. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We'll i dont have near the funds to get a refurb, so it looks like my only option is to get a used motor with similar miles and roll with that.

Syn416

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.