Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up a few weeks ago for 500 bucks. The previous owner knocked a hole in the oil pan and ran it out of oil. I put a used motor in it with 111,xxx miles (car has 128,xxx.) The drivers side exterior ooor handle was busted, but I found one the same color at one of the self service junk yards for 5 bucks. The interior was disgusting, pulled the seats and carpet and power washed/scrubbed everything, came out pretty respectable. The factory stereo will be upgraded to a nice head unit, some good components up front, and probably a pair of 10s. Definitely want to tint the Windows, drop it a little, and get some decent wheels for it. No performances mods are planned, strictly gas mileage dd.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I picked this up a few weeks ago for 500 bucks. The previous owner knocked a hole in the oil pan and ran it out of oil. I put a used motor in it with 111,xxx miles (car has 128,xxx.) The drivers side exterior ooor handle was busted, but I found one the same color at one of the self service junk yards for 5 bucks. The interior was disgusting, pulled the seats and carpet and power washed/scrubbed everything, came out pretty respectable. The factory stereo will be upgraded to a nice head unit, some good components up front, and probably a pair of 10s. Definitely want to tint the Windows, drop it a little, and get some decent wheels for it. No performances mods are planned, strictly gas mileage dd.
Looks clean. actually the same year and color as my old balt..only difference is mine was a stick shift. Looks like you've made good progress on a $500 car.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
+1

as far as comfort mods upgrading to the SS seats is a good improvement, weathertech(or any floor mats that lip) are nice to make it easier to keep clean.

There's also been people who take the mirror from an HHR that auto dims when bright headlights shine into it that's a good daily driver modification depending on if you drive at night..installing mine sometime this week, I'll probably do a write up.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
welcome and nice price on the car, i can't imagine the engine costed that much either.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very nice and great price - congrats. Funny how people seem to live in their cars. My daughter's 06 Balt was a pigsty inside too. Enjoy that new-to-you ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to upgrade to leather seats and arm rest, along we recovering the door panel inserts to match. Debadging and removing pin stripes will come soon. Debating if I want to paint the headlights black and smoke the taillights. Tint is going to happen soon. Also doing a full sound system upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had some 12" ma audio subs and a crappy diesel audio amp laying around, so I tossed them in for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.