Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

to my understanding, its a 1988 toyota whatever idk pickup:huh:

It used to belong to my aunt, and since maybe 2000 its been sittin in the back of my driveway, never really bothered me, or my parents about it bein there, i finally asked about what they planned on doin with it. turns out its going to be mine now, i knew it was a longshot but i went out got in, tryed to start it.....nothing, i just went back inside after that, ill post up an update to see whats not happening under the hood, hopefully i can get some help from you guys

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinkin or i could say if its not in too bad a shape do this to it, at least without all the chrome shiat
idk though lol might be a bit much dont ya think

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Beamer just called Christy and Brian ricers :bigsmile:. Jk haha..

I'd just sell it, unless you really want to tear into it.. If your just now trying to start it, I'm guessing you have little to no interest in it.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
that is why I said get it running decent or whatever and get something for it. I woulda junked my cavalier had I known how much it would of cost to rebuild it and get it drivable. I could paid off 3000 off my cobalt loan or used that to buy another used car lol. But I am sure his engine is not blown on it. Probably needs fresh gas, an oil change, maybe seafoam(after it can fire repeatedly), new plugs, battery. Once its running you well either want to replace brake rotors/drums, new pads, few other misc. things, definitely tires if its been sitting. Even if they look good you still could and probably have dry rot in them and that would suck driving and having one blow on you.

And I did not mean ricer with my last post, I just meant its so typical to see a small truck being turned into something like that. Yea, you see raised trucks too but, I still prefer raised trucks. Kinda what they should be in the first place, cars though, how low can ya go? lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
And I did not mean ricer with my last post, I just meant its so typical to see a small truck being turned into something like that. Yea, you see raised trucks too but, I still prefer raised trucks. Kinda what they should be in the first place, cars though, how low can ya go? lol
I know man, I just like stirring up trouble :cheesy:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
True and with a toyota cleaning rust is a good idea as(I am not sure on the years) the trucks frame have been known to rust and fail, causing some serious injuries or death of the occupants. BUT, you can clean the rust off better if its RAISED, hahaha.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.