Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastidip pro car kit with 3 gallons of matte black and 150 grams of black betty candy pearls to mix with the matte black dip.And my ss rear lip with grilles.(lip had one minor crack in it but can be fixed with filler.)

The dip kit and gun

My candy pearls

My ss rear lip with grilles and u sanded

Sanded rear lip and grilles out

This little bastard was a pain to get to. Had to take off both rear tires and move the fender wells some and fit a very small socket wrench in to get it.

My small wrench compared...

Bumper..

No bumper...

Before I cut the lip..

Cut the part of the lip for it to fit and two part glued it with a mesh

Body filler and sanded it

Inside and out

Filled in a crack also with alittle hole

Put back onto the bumper

Primed

Taped all off

And then we spray lol

Than we wash it lol

Few extras

·
Registered
675 Posts
hell yeah man, gonna look sweet when its all finished!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I want to do this, but I don't know if my skill are up to par... I'm going to follow this and see how hard this is to do.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I may have found a rear lip close to me, and pretty cheap... the guy that has it just sold a front bumper with the lip and a fender to my buddy for $40, maybe I can snag the rear lip and side skirts for about the same. Although I'll have to drive 3.5 hours to get it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't think the guy wants to take the lip off the bumper, but he wants 50 for the coupe bumper and lip. I really have no use for the bumper. Well unless I can find another lip, and then I could put the bumper and lip on my LS...

They guy is trying part out the car fast, so he's selling everything really cheap. He mentioned to me that he'd sell the trunk high rise, bumper and lip, for $100 as long as I came to pick them up. my buddy just gave me his number, so I'm gunna call him tomorrow see what i can work out with him.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Just get it but have it professionally done, I almost wish I had a sedan for the lights colodude18 makes.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Looks good next to add the front lip and side skirts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Still waiting on doing my lip, but bro your car is lookin good. I had to look a few times, but the whole car dipped black really grew on me... not quiet enough for me to do mine, but it does look good.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If you ever dip your car I'm going to find it and take it off myself. I love Imperial Blue Metallic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.