Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have all my items ordered and just waiting to put em on and paint em. I did alil painting today, gonna do alil more painting tomorrow , I plan on painting all my blue to black. But my progress so far is I have every thing im gonna put it all on tomorrow. Then the paint im painting my whole car with is sem hot rod black maybe in September early October.

Updated:

All I gotta do is put the hids and switch in when I get my hids and fog light trim in the mail soon

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Ditch the engine cover. Good progress!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You might have missed the headlamp assembly rail on passenger side. That light seem high and not seated into place. There's a T shape hook that has to line-up with a groove in the headlamp support bracket.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
^^ that was a pain for me before getting it to sit right, i've gotten it right fairly quick now.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

also, how are you wiring your fogs Screamz?

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might have missed the headlamp assembly rail on passenger side. That light seem high and not seated into place. There's a T shape hook that has to line-up with a groove in the headlamp support bracket.
Til have to check em again cause I was alil worred about thst I thought I broke emCOLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
^^ that was a pain for me before getting it to sit right, i've gotten it right fairly quick now.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

also, how are you wiring your fogs Screamz?
Univeral fog harness with a different switch

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Thanks it was fun lol

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Ditch the engine cover. Good progress!
Idk I kinda like it it gose along with paint job

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
or powder coat the valve cover the same as the engine cover color

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
nah I like the engine cover, plus there's a good reason GM put it there. Eliminates some parachute effect from engine bay.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hard to take the bumper off?

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
Got my fog trim in so I paiting it and wired my switch in

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hard to take the bumper off?
Nooooooope easy as hell just some bolts and screws and pull it right off lol

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Also fixed my headlights that was too high.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I kinda like my engine cover on it matchs the rest and plus I could always get my uncles friend to powder coat it any time I want.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i love that button! im still thinking if i wanna do oem wiring to my fogs

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea looks extra easy no matter which way its done

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.