Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, originally I wanted a pioneer H/U, click but this dumbass at a shop insisted I get a jensen 9423 cause "it was better" He said pioneer is crap. I said I wanted to stick with pioneer cause my car came with pioneer. He made faces and went on saying he did a lot of installs with it, and a lot of people like it, and this and that, and bragging how it's cheaper. Well that's the last time I let someone change my mind on what I want. I can't STAND this H/U. First off it doesn't fit all the way in. click Second the screens look like they were made in the 1990s, and it loads so ****ing slow! It has no controls for bass or treble like the stock does. It just has an EQ. I really don't know how to mess with that crap. It's definitely NOT louder than the stock radio. I can barely hear my stock sub with it!!! :mad:!! Is there ANYTHING I can do other than get a better H/U, to give my self a better experience with this H/U? How can I make my sound as loud, if not louder than stock, and make my sub boom with the bass like it did with stock H/U? Do I need a better amp or something?? I mean I'm using stock amp... god I really wish I got the poineer instead... :cry:

# Power Output:

* Peak: 40 watts x 4 channels
* RMS: 13 watts x 4 channels

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
we don't have a walmart and i think my dad got it online (1 of my xmas presents i asked for) besides who's gonna accept an already installed unit put back in the box? I don't even have the box it came in like with the picture of it n shit anymore. same for all the accessories for it like blue tooth. and for some odd reason, if i put the stock radio back, the radio wont work anymore :blink:

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
well with 13 watts RMS, you're not going to be getting a whole lot of anything out of your speakers. Do you have your speakers wired through the speaker outs, or the RCA outs?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i have stock speakers they arent wired to anything. i plugged the wires on the H/U into the GMOS 04 lan thing. there's no way the stock speakers suck. with stock radio those shits are so loud i cant even blast it full volume, and my sub hits hard! i swear i'm about to go back to stock... :blink:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jensen is garbage...and thats your bad for not doing your homework on what you were buying
that's not going to help me... and obviously i did but this moron insisted i got the jensen

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so is anyone gonna help me or what

·
Registered
992 Posts
get the pioneer, or get rid of the jensen and go back to stock 13 rms is crap and wouldn't power a tweeter properly (exaggeration) but still...yeah I dont know what else to tell you

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont have the money to buy a new one... i have money to buy other things

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Then why are you complaining about the headunit... U said you wanted the Pioneer but from what ou are saying, the guy talked you out of it. How can he talk you out of it when you dnt have the money for it. You talked yourself out of it. The Jensen is worst than my stock headunit in my grandmas 92 Buick Lesabre!! Save the $$ n get the Pioneer. Until then............. Put the stocker back in and sell the Jensen on craigslist!!!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
because i got it for xmas i didnt buy it. and i'm trying to save for exhaust and suspension and shit

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
question... our factory amp... does it power our sub, or interior speakers? and we only have 1 stock amp right? cause my friend said getting an amp might just solve my problem if we can figure out what the stock amp powers (by friend i don't mean that shop guy lol)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.