Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just recently noticed my left tail light is getting water and condensation in it.. how would i get that to dry up & stay out? please help!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you're car is under warranty take it to the dealer and let them fix it. Your seal is not sealing -- or worse your taillight assembly isn't sealed properly.

If you're out of warranty you'll have to take it out, drain it, dry it, and look for where the moisture/water is coming in and reseal it. Look in the owners manual for the how-to replace light bulbs once you get to that point you'll see the nuts you have to remove to get the assembly out. When you take the assembly out there should be a seal between the assembly and body -- make sure it's intact.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I guess bringing it to a dealer is worth a shot. But when my headlight leaked, thy wouldnt not replace it under warranty. No where would, they said it isnt covered. What you need to do is headup the light so you can pull it apart. Dry the inside with a towel and then let it ait dry for some time, then re-eal it real good and your good to go. If you dont want to go through that work yo can try to take the light out and put a blow drier in the whole till all the water is gone. But thats only a temporary fix.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Clear silicone.. just get it good and dried out then rub a small layer of silicone along the entire edge where it meets the back of the tail light

·
Registered
618 Posts
also try drilling a few little holes in the bottom of the light and that will let the water drip out/ evaporate....did this to my integra cuz i had the same prob....

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That is a HORRIBLE idea! All that will do is let more moisture in! Do NOT do that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.