Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You folks seem to be the type that appreciates work going into any car, as opposed to some other Cobalt-Nazi forums I've seen. (This is also a big part of why I joined up here.) So I figured I would show off my car.

This is Marilyn, my go-anywhere do-anything 2003 Taurus. This car tends to get the most attention as it gets driven much more than Lucy (the Cobalt) does, as well as being a storm chase vehicle. Intake baffle has been deleted, and there are a few aesthetic mods like greyscale color coordination and white letter tires. If you wanna know more, just ask! I love showing my baby off.

Some pics:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hmm white lettering on tires is cool. it's almost like...a classic....lol. Even though I was never a fan of the older ford cars, specifically the taurus, I can still appreciate you keeping it clean and not doing anything distasteful to it. Also good job on mantaining it and keeping it running for all those years! The way cars ought to be treated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, folks. I really am proud of it. I have yet to add anything aftermarket, and don't plan to, but I may swap my stock spoiler for one from a third gen Sable...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flashlight is a 3D Maglite we found in the closet, the mounts I got at True Value for about 6 bucks for the set (2). You can also get them on Amazon for about 4 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
:grouphug

·
Registered
302 Posts
yes tcca is a shit hole and my car went to shit, 2 hit and runs at the bar I worked at, driver side window didnt work, could never get a ****ing alignment right (had a 1" block lift). I just dumped it and got my girl a new car for the kids, it needed to be done after we drove to the hospital with her in labor and spun out on the highway, because she didnt mention to me that the car didnt have abs (this is about 16 months ago) and i just tapped the brakes and it spun out so fast it was crazy. the rears lock up first its really not safe.

But i never hit the brakes like that again, and its fine for me now. I just needed her in something with power/abs for my kids.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:grouphug
:laugh:

yes tcca is a shit hole and my car went to shit, 2 hit and runs at the bar I worked at, driver side window didnt work, could never get a ****ing alignment right (had a 1" block lift). I just dumped it and got my girl a new car for the kids, it needed to be done after we drove to the hospital with her in labor and spun out on the highway, because she didnt mention to me that the car didnt have abs (this is about 16 months ago) and i just tapped the brakes and it spun out so fast it was crazy. the rears lock up first its really not safe.

But i never hit the brakes like that again, and its fine for me now. I just needed her in something with power/abs for my kids.
Gotcha. Well, if it's for the kids, then... well, I guess so...

Ya know, they made Taurus's with ABS, too :nahnah

·
Registered
302 Posts
couldnt get a new taurus for $219/m with no money down. (my trade paid taxes/fees/first month payment) 15k/yr lease. it would be over double that. I got the car $900 under invoice which you NEVER get on a lease, person friends with the owner. The car was right around $20k dont remember exactly how much.

my dad went to get a new taurus and they were like $42k loaded, he got a loaded lexus ES350 with EVERYTHING for $39k!!! much nicer than a taurus, plus he got it at Herb Chambers lexus is Walpole, MA. Best dealership in New England!!! they had like 60 cars inside the building! they offer more services than anywhere else, like picking up the car and leaving a loaner 2hrs away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
couldnt get a new taurus for $219/m with no money down. (my trade paid taxes/fees/first month payment) 15k/yr lease. it would be over double that. I got the car $900 under invoice which you NEVER get on a lease, person friends with the owner. The car was right around $20k dont remember exactly how much.

my dad went to get a new taurus and they were like $42k loaded, he got a loaded lexus ES350 with EVERYTHING for $39k!!! much nicer than a taurus, plus he got it at Herb Chambers lexus is Walpole, MA. Best dealership in New England!!! they had like 60 cars inside the building! they offer more services than anywhere else, like picking up the car and leaving a loaner 2hrs away!
I wasn't talking about a new one LOL! I don't much care for the new ones. Should never have sullied the Taurus nameplate with that boulbus monstrosity.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My grandma's 2004 Taurus took a shit on me two days ago.
The torque converter went out.
Idk how but it did the car only has 58k miles on it....

[Insert signature here]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't like the new Taurus'? they are gorgeous looking cars especially the SHO, if the Camaro were still on hiatus I would be in love with them
I do not. You can't see shit when you are driving it. It is just too big, ugly, and half of the time I mistake them on the road for a Camry or Accord. Because they look SO DAMN CLOSE.

My grandma's 2004 Taurus took a shit on me two days ago.
The torque converter went out.
Idk how but it did the car only has 58k miles on it....

[Insert signature here]
The trans is the D186 (1985-2007) achille's heel. I just put one in mine at 106K in December. Most of the engines are bulletproof, really nothing else that isn't reliable on these cars. But that damn trans.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I do not. You can't see shit when you are driving it. It is just too big, ugly, and half of the time I mistake them on the road for a Camry or Accord. Because they look SO DAMN CLOSE.

The trans is the D186 (1985-2007) achille's heel. I just put one in mine at 106K in December. Most of the engines are bulletproof, really nothing else that isn't reliable on these cars. But that damn trans.
Well I've never driven one so I can't say anything about being able to see anything while driving, but they are still a gorgeous car imo

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.