Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was in a wreck today, wife was driving but OK. Truck got mangled pretty good, but if it was not built the way it was built, she probably would have been severely injured. Truck is rebuildable the other vehicle, an Explorer is going to the salvage yard. The woman ran a red light (she told Renee that she did not know she had to stop), while texting on a cell phone and only got a ticket. She hit the truck in the front and spun around to get the bed of my truck, speed limit there is 20 MPH.

If my wife would have been driving the Balt, she probably would have been severely hurt or worse, and the car would definitely be gone.

pics up soon, going to the tow yard to get info for the insurance company to start the claim.

Another fine example of the dangers of cell phones.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
glad she's ok. is the lady who ran the light ok as well?

·
Registered
911 Posts
geez man that really sucks, glad to hear she's ok...I never text while driving or use the phone at all..some people are just idiots

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bad thing is the woman was unisured, speeding and ran the light. And after looking at the pics, I think the damage may be worse than what I thought. Looks like a body mount is busted.
The other vehicle:

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

The insurance may total the beast. That was the first question he asked"is it totaled". I told him I dont think so. If it wasnt built the way I built i, maybe. He sounded dumbfounded, cant wait to talk to him Monday after he sees the truck.

In the pic of the crushed fender, the vehicle next to the truck is an Expedition, drunk driver, hit one of the marking monuments at one of the post gates. The Expedition has no front end left, engine is in the truck, literally.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that man. I am just really thankful your wife is ok. As stressful as they can be I don't really know what we would do without them.

I would talk to an attorney about filing a lawsuit against the other driver just because of the texting.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have to wait 10 workign days just to get the report and any other info, that is how fast the Fort Rucker MP work. Neat thing though is the previous military owner did not remove teh post decal, and that is how she has been getting on post without the info, so he may go down also.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can only hope, I am going after the previous owner for leaving the sticker on the vehicle. Going to talk to the post Sergeant Major also next week, and maybe he can make some kind of change and accountablity with the gates.

·
Registered
867 Posts
glad shes okay
people are stupid
hope you go after them with insurance claim finn
another reason i want a big ass truck

thats why you always gotta have a watchful eye,
its the other dumbasses you gotta look out for

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^Any "closed" post is easy to get on, as long as you have an ID anyway. THis woman had a post decal left on by the previous owner, who I hope fries; she said she was dropping off her mother in law to work on post. You also have many civilians that work on post in many different support aspects.

Next week I will be talking to many different people about the lapse of the system and how this happened to try to make changes. One of these people is one of my old Sergeant Majors who is here now, I also know many other former commanders here already aware of the situation through facebook, who also may be in some kind of position to make a change.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.