Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wanna turbo my car been doing ALOT of research. the only issues I seem to have at the moment that isent clear in my mind is the tuning issue with the 2.2, dosent look like HP tuners is ever gona be available so was looking at megasquirt. any suggestions here.

Also building my own kit. my end goal is 400ish HP total, looking at garrett T3/T4 hybrid turbos. I want to start small slap the tubo on my semi stock engine and build from their.

Im about to start assembling my kit. anything I should know?

Where can I look to buy the turbo itself?

also I don't think I have it clear how the whole oil line setup goes into the oil pan and into the turbo and whatnot.

I want to be 100% sure of everything and know lots before I start and buy something i shouldent have or something that wont work with my setup.

·
Registered
610 Posts
sorry i cant help you out, but good luck with your project. i was thinking about adding a tc to mine too, but thats not happening until i pay off my car. (which is about 3 more years lol)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ya and also fergot about the MAF sensor, where do i put it? in the charge piping? or in the intake side? or would i need to change it to a MAP sensor?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Talk to mkruley, the new vendor on this site, he turbed his 2.2

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Trifecta tuning can tune it for you. Honestly if your goal is 400 WHP you are looking at completely rebuilding the motor! Not to mention all the supporting mods to get that power to the ground.. You will probably spend more than you spent on the car..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i have a list of all the things im gona do. looking at around 15 grand. i spent 23 or so on the car

·
Registered
610 Posts
ya i have a list of all the things im gona do. looking at around 15 grand. i spent 23 or so on the car
we're talking about canadian though right? because if you are going to spend 15gs on a turbo, then you might as well buy an SS.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha ya Canadian lol, but not just the turbo lol, upgraded exhust, downpipe, turbo ( and all necessary componats) cams, forged internals (sleeve kit, pistons, connecting rods, axels, suspension, outside & inside looks, gaudges etc.

·
Registered
610 Posts
haha ya Canadian lol, but not just the turbo lol, upgraded exhust, downpipe, turbo ( and all necessary componats) cams, forged internals (sleeve kit, pistons, connecting rods, axels, suspension, outside & inside looks, gaudges etc.
so you're basically trying to make your 2.2 an SS? because the garrett turbo kits are at most $2500US i think and they come with all the components necessary. the only things left after that is your exhaust and exterior/interior appearance mods which still be less than $15000 canadian.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i priced it all out its actually cheaper for me to bulid my own kit, cause i would end up changing out a bunch in the garrett kit for what my end goal is. Ah that terifica place is great not that far a drive, i can get a dyno and a tune.

·
Registered
610 Posts
im rooting for you man but i would definitely talk to mkurley because he knows A LOT about both turbo and superchargers. (he has/had both)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.