Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a postcard from General Motors giving me these recall numbers N130454- for the ignition switch replacement and N140113 replace ignition lock cylinder and ignition key My car just locked up one day and I couldn't remove my key and the switch wouldn't turn either. My husband put a new battery in the car and it still wouldn't start ! This was done when we had the recall parts replaced it still wouldn't start and all it would do is make a clicking noise and now I'm waiting for a report from them running a diagnostic test to see what the problem is. I was wondering if if someone might be able to tell me if they had the same problem and what was the problem! Desperately Need the help the diagnosis test itself cost $150.00. Sincerely [email protected]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Before we had that recall fixed the keys would fall out of the switch and land on the floor, shutting the car off. SCARY!!! First time I figured it was me, next time it happened I heard about the recall. The steering column is a recall too- the electric power steering motor needs to be replaced. The key locking in the ignition is usually what happens to an old crappy ignition switch so I don't know why it did it on a new part.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If this is an automatic, your problem could be in the transmission safety switch located in /under the console. There is a manual key release button on the steering column. There are posts here on the forum about this potential problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts