Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Cobalts not stereos. I cut custom MDF speaker rings for fiberglass boxes. These can also be used as spacers or to size down a speaker. I also build custom boxes. This is not a business by any means just something I enjoy in my little spare time. Let me know what you think.

Hard to tell from the last pic but the subs are flushed.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
damn ya man solid work, looks like you really took your time on this! really sick and looks proffessionally done! so do you do many of these or just for yourself? I used to work a bit with MDF but i never got to building my own box. Also I could never find the right carpet covering where I live to match my car. post your system when it<s installed in your ride!!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i likeee!

i need a smaller box for my 2 12 inch jbl's that i have
the box is hugggeeee

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i like it, where you located? i could use a custom box lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW thats some CLEAN work!!! sry for my ignorance but wat is MDF?from wat i could figure out its wat the wood for the sub boxes are used for is that right? were can u get it? sry for the questions its just i had to ask love ur work though =P

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
WOW thats some CLEAN work!!! sry for my ignorance but wat is MDF?from wat i could figure out its wat the wood for the sub boxes are used for is that right? were can u get it? sry for the questions its just i had to ask love ur work though =P
MDF is microdensity fiberboard. as for where you can get it, i'm honestly not sure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
nice work!

I have been tossing around an idea of making a custom box myself. I think i want to upgrade first but more practice = perfect! Would u mind if i PMed u wit some questions i have?

·
Registered
498 Posts
MDF is microdensity fiberboard. as for where you can get it, i'm honestly not sure.
Home Depot sells it. I built an 8 foot long woodworking bench out of it with drawers and shelves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn ya man solid work, looks like you really took your time on this! really sick and looks proffessionally done! so do you do many of these or just for yourself? I used to work a bit with MDF but i never got to building my own box. Also I could never find the right carpet covering where I live to match my car. post your system when it<s installed in your ride!!!!
I will do rings and boxes for people. Just don't have alot of spare time. I can't wait to get started on my Cobalt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks and no need to apologize. MDF is medium density fiberboard. Around here you can find it at lowes or home depot. If all else fails ask a local stereo shop where they get theirs. It's reall easy to work with, just alot of dust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks and no need to apologize. MDF is medium density fiberboard. Around here you can find it at lowes or home depot. If all else fails ask a local stereo shop where they get theirs. It's reall easy to work with, just alot of dust.
gotcha thanks :idea: now i just gotta think of how i wanna make my set up look lol im planning on 2 12 with 2 amps and a cap in btwn but realistically i doubt i have enough trunk space....but thanks :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
MDF stands for Medium Density Fibreboard and is a heavy wood-fiber board used for many things, one of which is sub boxes. It can be purchased at any home renovations store like home depot, home hardware sometimes, and whatever other stores like that you guyz have over there in the states.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
gotcha thanks :idea: now i just gotta think of how i wanna make my set up look lol im planning on 2 12 with 2 amps and a cap in btwn but realistically i doubt i have enough trunk space....but thanks :bigsmile:
you should have tons of truink space, especially in the cobalt. My setup will be custom, 2 12" subs in a vented box, a huge amp and a capacitor with room to spare. I plan on putting some illuminated plexiglass in there too to make it all sexxy lloll

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.