Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the ZENN springs on my 2.2. There is no soild review so i thought i would give you mine. Some people call the Zenn spring tein knockoffs. I installed the spring with the FE5 front struts. i personally have never dropped a car, i found this super easy and did it in a 2 hours. Currently at 132xx miles we will see if they sag later...

QUALITY:
I Like the springs they gave a great drop, some people would refer to them as "bumpy" i would say a lil bit bouncy but still good ride. Am very happy with the product and i do recommend it for those who never experencied other springs. I plan to ride in a cobalt with another brand to see difference for you all (if my struts blow i will post how long it was til they do)

DROP:
Rear stock height:27.5"
After Drop:25.75"

PICS

Front stock height:27.5"
After Drop:25.5"

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And tada in the end FOLLOW TORQUE SPECS!!!(i did fix this)

Some more pics:

And Thank you:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shocks? no i change the struts

LS/LT=FE1
SS/Sport=FE3
SC/TC=FE5

I placed mine with the FE5 struts so they would handle the drop better then the FE1

·
Registered
36 Posts
so my car having fe1s from what you just told me would i need to replace the shocks to put my springs on or can that wait tell i get the money and then put the shocks on after i put the spings on

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it could wait, your shock/structs could last up to a year after you drop it but you got to drive safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yea i avoid hitting all bumps dips pot holes cracks manhole covers and all that stuff

did you do the dop your self and if you did how did you get the bolts out that hold the brakes and everything to the shocks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good review

How much did you get em for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you guys still like them?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Drop looks good.
-----Added 26 Mar 2009 at 09:49:34-----
Whats the deal with people cutting their springs ? I see that has got real popular now , I feel as if that would totally destroy ride quality, Does any one know anything of this ?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Whats the deal with people cutting their springs ? I see that has got real popular now , I feel as if that would totally destroy ride quality, Does any one know anything of this ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah thats how they did it in the 50s. When no one made dropped springs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have watching some on Ebay. But I think some of the companies on the forums have them as well. And you may get a better price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you put the springs on without the shocks or did you just not get to that yet when you took the picture? I want to get these lowering springs, but I don't want to drive around without shocks

·
Registered
720 Posts
The rears are so easy to do, you just remove one bolt from each shock to put them in.

Are you talking about the struts mattsoftnet? The fronts are struts the rear are shocks. You can't install the fronts without stuts. It's an assembly you pull out, then remove the stock springs, then re-install the assembly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.