Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some quick stats; car is bone stock, low kilometers, runs fine, newer air cleaner, new plugs, and, yes, throttle body cleaned out (I cleaned the living fook right out of it and then some whereas it was actually quite clean to begin with). The car is auto shift.

The spontaneous mystery stall only happens when it's both cold outside and when I don't let the car fully warm up before I drive it. It mainly stalls when when I back out of my stall in at home or at work or wherever. However, I restart and all is reasonably well until the car reaches normal operating temperature.

...It's only a cold stall and not a shudder stall like from a malfunctioning TTC solenoid (had a '92 Z24 that had that issue and it was quite scary how it would fricking thud, bang, and shudder when stopping for a red light/sign).

...The car runs fines when it's either cold or warm, no misfiring or any other wonky things other than that cold engine stall.

...I managed to catch a view of the RPM jumping up a tad and then quickly falter into the stall.

Any leads from the vast collective knowledge base of the Cobalt/G5 nation? I'm at my wits end on this one. Thanks for reading. Let me know if I missed some details or if I could provide you with more details, but I think I have all the main areas covered, per se.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is this or has it still been an issue? I encountered this and within a few days it threw a throttle position sensor code. Long story short, my issues expanded, & after 2 years of sitting parked (& me in a leased crv), we JUST figured out the root of the evil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this or has it still been an issue? I encountered this and within a few days it threw a throttle position sensor code. Long story short, my issues expanded, & after 2 years of sitting parked (& me in a leased crv), we JUST figured out the root of the evil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What did you figure out?

Mine does this (RPM's jump up and down while it is sitting in drive but if I give it gas it stops the problem.) Only seems to happen when it is below freezing. Has actually died on me twice. Runs ok in summer although there seems to be some rough idling every once in awhile. After searching around on internet my husband cleaned something...air intake?? a couple times but did not fix problem. Mechanic said no codes thrown but there was a TSB for this and they downloaded something to the computer in the car....no fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.