Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light has shown twice but quickly shut off before I could pull a code. Idle and timing is normal, so I haven't been worried. However, having driven Chevrolet for years it isn't surprising to see small issues crop up after heavy highway miles, so my question is this... on average, what is the first thing to go in our cars? Should I be worried about minor parts such as O2 sensors, thermostats, and fuses?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Flex pipe maybe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the light come up as soon as your start your car? but then go away very shortly after you release the key?
Yes and no, the first time it happened after fueling the car, the light turned off after maybe five miles of driving. And the last time it came on was in my driveway, but again it shut off after fueling...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, that IS a possibility. Like I said, a small issue with a simple fix is nothing to worry about... Ill get it swapped out and post here if the problem persists.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Get the code checked, even if the light is of it will be in history or pending. Could also be your purge solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.