Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

My car has an interesting leak and I figured before I start tearing everything apart I figured I'd float it to you guys...

That coin holder on the left side of the steering wheel keeps ending up with a puddle of water in it. The first time it happened I thought that the high winds and heavy rain were to blame since it rains here often and I don't usually have a problem with water. But again last week after snow melt it was there again.

In addition my car has decided to stop recognizing when my driver side door is open, my thought is that these are probably connected problems.

I feel that it is probably the seal around my windshield leaking but before I took unnecessary steps to have something repaired that wasn't broke, I'd see if any of you had similiar issues.

UGH! I love this car but it has been more problems than I thought I was signing up for. Any help you guys can provide would be great!

Thanks!
Jessie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sun roof.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I guess you are refering to the left side storage bin where the trunk release button is located. I do have a sunroof but have never had any leaks. What I would try to do is determain when the water gets in such as.... Do you leave your car outside and is it rain related? If not rain related, does it seem to occur after AC use. The AC will condense water that should drain to the ground, but your drain could be stopped up and allow water to go elsewhere. And I guess it's possible that you could have a leak around the window or door and water get there, but that sounds unlikely to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.