Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking right now to get new speakers for the balt. should I get 2way or 3way speakers? plus input as to what you've used or have heard would be nice. I later on wanna add 2 10"s and an amp, any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ok, well to start of....do you have stock stereo or aftermarket? and what are your music tastes? i have two-way speakers because i get good mids and highs from them and the low bass from the subs. i'd say go 2-way if you're going to stick with a decent aftermarket deck and no amp on the speakers. personally, i LOVE LOVE LOVE[ my alpine type r 6x9's. my front speakers are different though, and they dont even sell them anymore. but i personally suggest 2-way if you don't plan to put an amp on the speakers. that way you headunit powers the speakers well enough to get ample mids and highs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I have the stock basic head unit. I just want some better speakers, I dont like the sound quality of the stockers.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah I have the stock basic head unit. I just want some better speakers, I dont like the sound quality of the stockers.
well do you plan on upgrading from the stock unit?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someday. the one I want is about 1K as its got dvd and nav.

·
Registered
64 Posts
actually just updated my stock speakers! I got mb quart discuss....they hit freAking awesome....the ones I got were 2-way it's a noticeble differrence btween this n stock!!! Best thing I could suggest is get a known brand of speaker definitely 2-way speakers.....btw alpline is good too pioneer Polk ....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well if i were you i'd just go with two way. typically, 3 ways speakers come with the midbass driver, a tweeter, and a supertweeter. so...2way is pretty much what you need anyways because it doesnt require power and if they're good speakers they'll be loud

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
honestly if you just upgrade the deck it sounds alotttt better.
i noticed a huge difference when i got my deck
i later upgraded the front and rear speakers

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll order 2 ways tomorrow.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
save up, do it all at once and do it right. i have all rockford in my car except the 6x9's i didnt get them yet but everything and i mean everything sound wise is rockford it slammmssss.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I like rocks

·
Registered
71 Posts
It depends on what kind of system you are doing. If you want great quality (if you're an audiophile) ~ are you doing tweeters or no tweeters?
Yes tweeters = 2-way
NO tweeters = 3-way

USUALLY!
also depends on your crossover, amp, frequencies being put out to subs(if you have) etc etc..
taste in how YOU want YOUR car to sound differs..
Surprisingly..
Pioneer makes some pretty good speakers.

KICKER SPEAKERS FTW .. lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
2-way with tweeters! so much clarity if you have subs especially it sounds great!

I have infinity components (so tweeters and mid woofers seperate) in my old car, and I didn't connect them to an amp, and they still sounded great! if you get good component speakers with an amp, it's over. You'll LOVE it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.