Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. I need a fuel tank sending unit that GM discontinued. Where can I get this part? I live in NJ and nobody has it including junk yards. Called 3 dealers and told me to look in junk yard. I am at my wits end. Please help me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. I need a fuel tank sending unit that GM discontinued. Where can I get this part? I live in NJ and nobody has it including junk yards. Called 3 dealers and told me to look in junk yard. I am at my wits end. Please help me.
I just bought a new complete fuel pump/sender assembly as a spare for either my 2007 or 2009 Cobalt from BuyAutoParts.com
I just did an 800 mile trip in my 2009 and it's a good thing for me to have some "peace-of-mind" knowing it's in the trunk if I break down somewhere.
Yeah, I carry lots of spares because my Cobalts make me nervous when traveling outside of the city limits (or outside of my 100 mile free AAA towing range). You might have to search around their website a bit but it's there. Part no. 36-01474AN.
It cost me about $86. The "packaging looks good" and I assume it works OK although either one of these Cobalts might croak before I get to use it.

RB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your input. My mechanic somehow found some type of "kit", and it was fixed 2 days ago. So far, my husband has been driving it for 2 days and no problems. The car runs really great even though we had that problem. My husband drives about 30 miles round trip to work a day and that is mainly what the car is for. sometimes we go 1 hour into Pennsylvania but that is only if my other car is down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts