Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See I have been seeing it around on Cobalts, and I like it a lot, but i don't want to take it to a paint shop to get it done and spend a lot of money, so what I need help on is that I want my side mirrors to be the same color as my car, but I don't want just that one thing painted I want the whole thing painted to look like it came like it? see where it is silver i don't want that i want the black to be the same color as the car as well! Well I hope some one can help me out! Thnks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Remove, sand, paint...

I have seen one Cobalt with this done before and it looks great! But man, that's a ton of work for that small area. Is it OK to suggest something to you? Don't worry about this mod for now...there's a lot more simpler things you can get started on that require a lot less work and experience.

Good luck either way!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You can get the "covers" any color or paint to match. They just snap on and interchange easily.. But that "grained finish" around the covers..... that would be hard to paint and have the paint stick and stay especially exposed to road debris like it is. I thing THAT may be the reason GM left if generic black on all and grained the finish to minimize minor assualts.... Like the poster above said... Lot more energy could be placed elsewhere to give you more bang for the buck!!!....

GTO 1

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
^^ +1 I already have rock chips and such on the covers. Painting the rest would look good at first. But in the long run would look like hell

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a red cobalt and i had red caps i painted mine black, i did not like red...but i have black mirrors doorhandles spoiler and soon wheels...its a red and black theme

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.