Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new red 2010 SS with the limited slip differential. I like the red on the dash (don't know if that's standard). Don't want any dealer vandalism!

There's one locally but the dealer slathered bad chrome plastic on it plus wants to charge me $631 for the ugliness.

I need to be able to search nationally to find what I want, hoping for some help here, TIA!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There are two left near me. One is Victory red and the other Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat.
Can you tell me the name & phone number of the dealer who has the Victory red one? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yah, that's the one I've been looking at. I thought you meant there was one in Mathews.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tabb. I couldn't figure out how to search nationally for the car. I hit a dead end with the car discontinued (can't order one).

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will decide to stick around after you find the ride you want.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I bought the car and here I am.

It's interesting having a new discontinued model. I think I'd better get everything done that I need to get done.

Cosmetically, the car came with a plastic chrome gas door that I hate (dlr agreed to swap out for stocker).

They applied a chrome plastic grille that I hate (they had to cut away the main grille crossbar to fit it). I guess I'd better order that large plastic piece that includes the stock grille before it can't be ordered any more.

Also I'd better figure out what aftermarket parts I need before they get scarce. I've seen from the forums that if I want to go much beyond either a cold air intake, or a stage 1 brain refry (seems they don't really go together), I need to know if I'll have trouble at inspection time from a tuned brain.

Another Q: I can buy the extended warranty for $2k cash (platinum, 100,000 miles, 7 years) and if there's a realistic chance the turbo will go out, I probably ought to spring for it.

I have a similar situation with my discontinued Buell: I'd better get all the factory and aftermarket parts I need now, because parts are already drying up.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, all. This car is a BLAST!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Well I bought the car and here I am.

It's interesting having a new discontinued model. I think I'd better get everything done that I need to get done.

Cosmetically, the car came with a plastic chrome gas door that I hate (dlr agreed to swap out for stocker).

They applied a chrome plastic grille that I hate (they had to cut away the main grille crossbar to fit it). I guess I'd better order that large plastic piece that includes the stock grille before it can't be ordered any more.

Also I'd better figure out what aftermarket parts I need before they get scarce. I've seen from the forums that if I want to go much beyond either a cold air intake, or a stage 1 brain refry (seems they don't really go together), I need to know if I'll have trouble at inspection time from a tuned brain.

Another Q: I can buy the extended warranty for $2k cash (platinum, 100,000 miles, 7 years) and if there's a realistic chance the turbo will go out, I probably ought to spring for it.

I have a similar situation with my discontinued Buell: I'd better get all the factory and aftermarket parts I need now, because parts are already drying up.
Aftermarket parts aren't going away. And factory parts will be around for at least a few years.

If they cut the crossbar (that the bowtie mounts to?), then you need a new bumper. Just paint the chrome thing.

I doubt the turbo will go out, 2k aint bad for an extended warranty.

Pics!

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
carmax and ship it.. or use autotrader and do no limit on the miles and have it shipped. carmax is ur best bet. i got mine that way and it was only like 450 to ship it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.