Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought these fog lights that fit a range of GM vehicles awhile back and lost the kit. It was from eBay, but I wanted to do this fog light install right. I am looking to make these fog lights working with my fog oem dash switch. I am wondering if I can buy my fogs from eBay again and what kind of fog bulbs I should get. I WANT MY FOG LIGHTS BRIGHT WHITE, NOT HIDS BUT CLOSE TO IT. Any help guys?
I did alot of work to my LT but want to finish my to dos with the car before I go into the month polls.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Youre only going to get white with HID's, otherwise you'll just get stock bulbs or LEDs that wont be bright enough to be useful.

Does your bumper have the OEM fog light inserts? If not, I think you need a new bumper altogether, or you'll have to custom mount them yourself. I remember reading on here that even if you get the inserts for a base model bumper, you dont have the proper mounts to hold the fog lights.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre only going to get white with HID's, otherwise you'll just get stock bulbs or LEDs that wont be bright enough to be useful.

Does your bumper have the OEM fog light inserts? If not, I think you need a new bumper altogether, or you'll have to custom mount them yourself. I remember reading on here that even if you get the inserts for a base model bumper, you dont have the proper mounts to hold the fog lights.
Well I got the ss bumper so I am wondering if they will fit snug. So you're saying that I have to get hids for the fogs for a white color.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
To get HID like color yes. Otherwise you can get super whites from you local store for around $50 which are pretty dang bright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.