Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 06 LT 2 dr and the power locks failed on passenger door. Would like to remove the interior panels myself without scratching them all up, I noticed what looks like removeable access panels behind the door latch and inside the arm rest. Do these hide panel screws? I can't get them off .. Any good "how to" instructions out there?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes they do hide screws which you will need to remove in order to get the panel off. As for getting those access panels off, theyre a real PITA... i had to use two small flat head screwdrivers, one to push in the clip and the other to pop out the panel, and i still think i broke one clip if not both

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
^ Yeah that. lol only mine has more steps with my fail manual windows
Only other step is to remove the window crank, and that is not hard. Putting back on is a bit difficult but managable. Still well worth the hassle to roll window up/down any time without electric power.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don't get discouraged when you start breakin' stuff. I broke tabs, pins, and anything else involved... my panels still stay on, though. I tried buying new pins, but I couldn't find them anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.