Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I have a 2010 colbalt ls coupe. i am looking to lower it and put new rims and tires on it. I wanted to get your advise on how i should go about lowering the car and what i should do to do so. Not sure if i should get lowering springs or get the ss coilovers, but that's where you com in.

So please let me know on what you think of this situation!
Thank You, Earl

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
ss doesn't have coilovers. I also have an Ls (2009 coupe) I got the ss suspension (fe5, Tc model) with some lowering springs. I paid about $600 for everything, but alot of that was shipping and duties to Canada. If you are in the US it will be cheaper. I suggest going this route, or getting full coilovers, but that would be around $1000, maybe a bit less, or more. Check the suspension threads, there's one with lowering springs, etc to give you an idea of how low each is.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i have ss/tc shocks and struts and eibach sportlines

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
sooo ff_drift is here.
lowering springs
coilovers
airbags.
it depends how concerned you are with speed bumps and obstacles. do you wanna go real low and look good or do you want performance? lowering the car increases stability and decreases body roll either way, but when you start messing with spring rates to get the car real low you lose performance. lemme know what your ultimate goal is and i can help you out.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
how does these bad guys work for you???:huh:
pretty good. a little bumpy here and there but other than that its fine
cant wait to see how my rims look when i put them on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Deffinately go with the full coil overs. You have full control over ride height any day you can raise and lower it. But with springs you have the bad recoil off bumps and shit. The springs look nice but coilovers are way better in my opinion but they cost a pretty penny

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Deffinately go with the full coil overs. You have full control over ride height any day you can raise and lower it. But with springs you have the bad recoil off bumps and shit. The springs look nice but coilovers are way better in my opinion but they cost a pretty penny
They are not easy to raise and lower if they're installed. Requires a bit of work, not an 'any day' thing...and as for bumps, if the springs and shocks are stiffer, you're going to feel the bump more no matter what...so good coilovers, like good shocks/struts and springs, will be stiffer, but you'll feel the bumps more either way. I would not get coilovers where I live. They're DOUBLE the price of what I paid. Not worth it for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
sooo ff_drift is here.
lowering springs
coilovers
airbags.
it depends how concerned you are with speed bumps and obstacles. do you wanna go real low and look good or do you want performance? lowering the car increases stability and decreases body roll either way, but when you start messing with spring rates to get the car real low you lose performance. lemme know what your ultimate goal is and i can help you out.
its my buddy from css . net :)
are u on there anymore?

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey everyone,

I have a 2010 colbalt ls coupe. i am looking to lower it and put new rims and tires on it. I wanted to get your advise on how i should go about lowering the car and what i should do to do so. Not sure if i should get lowering springs or get the ss coilovers, but that's where you com in.

So please let me know on what you think of this situation!
Thank You, Earl
H&R or Pedders springs...beware, read my sig...:amuse:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.