Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my keys so i need help i need a new keyless entry door keychain is there a certain kind i need? where can i get the cheapest and how much is it to program it? i have an 05 cobalt.

And another question i had a spare key that the dealership gave me when i bought the car and never used it till today it doesnt work like my old key. the old one worked in the ignition and the doors but the spare only works in the ignition does that make sense? i cant lock my door now cause i dont have the keychain and the spare key wont unlock the doors so what do i do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a spare made at the dealer last week and it too only worked in my ignition. The keys aren't actually copied - they're just made from a computer-controlled cutting machine - so they tend to have problems from time to time. My spare key was actually slightly thinner than the original. I took it back in and they just made me another one. Try taking it to a dealership and saying that the key they made you doesn't work right..it's possible that they'll give you another one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I lost my keys so i need help i need a new keyless entry door keychain is there a certain kind i need? where can i get the cheapest and how much is it to program it? i have an 05 cobalt.

And another question i had a spare key that the dealership gave me when i bought the car and never used it till today it doesnt work like my old key. the old one worked in the ignition and the doors but the spare only works in the ignition does that make sense? i cant lock my door now cause i dont have the keychain and the spare key wont unlock the doors so what do i do?
Go talk to the dealer. They should have atleast told you about they key issue

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i always wondered... if you have keyless entry, lose your keys, but keep a spare in your wallet, when you go to open the door wont the alarm go off? and not turn off?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
i always wondered... if you have keyless entry, lose your keys, but keep a spare in your wallet, when you go to open the door wont the alarm go off? and not turn off?
I don't have a key that will fit in my wallet, but if you unlock your car with the key, the alarm will go off. but if you put the key in the ignition it turns it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.