Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I drive a 2005 Cobalt with the 2.2 (L61) engine and the Getrag F23 5 speed manual trans. I just finished rebuilding my trans after successfully breaking 5th gear and the 5th gear synchro and grinding them down to nothing. Apparently I didn't take enough pics because I cant remember what these are for or where they go.

20210204_002510.jpg
20210204_002552.jpg
20210204_002405.jpg

I know they don't go inside my trans (maybe outside?) It seems they are inserted somewhere and metal circles or bolt heads rest on them. After that I'm at a loss.

The trans, engine cradle, front suspension, front fascia, d/s wire harness, surge tank, ecm/fuse box & its bracket, plus all other related parts were all removed or moved aside. I have tried endlessly searching the 2 volume 2005 GM service manual with no luck and have also gone through all the 2005 parts diagrams at Parts groups CHEVROLET cobalt Cobalt (7zap.com) without finding a thing. I have also tried searching the numbers on the parts with no success.

Your help would greatly be appreciated because I am not moving forward without knowing where these damn things go. Sorry if this is not the correct location for the post.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ive taken apart probably 15 of these cars down to frame and they don't look familiar to me at all. Really weird. I'm curious as well

Reactions: BretB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to remember them falling out of or off of something. I plan on going over all of the big plastic parts this weekend, but like you I have had my car apart and repaired things more times than I can count. (Thanks to my driving and the fact that its a cheap throw away 2000's model). Whenever I learn its secrets, I will be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds good. It almost looks like something pops into them. Maybe the bumper like where it meets the fenders?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts