Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Need help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MP81 
#1 ·
Good morning,
I am looking for some help with my 2007 chev cobalt, base model regarding aftermarket stereo install. So I wired my pionner into my cars wiring harness, I ran the RED accessory wire directly to my fuse box, used my sunroof fuse and my dash gages go all crazy. I also have a issue at times with my car not starting due to the anti theft being on.
as far as my sub and amp that is wired right and works well but I don't have any gages.
Will hooking them up to a toggle switch help?
I have ran the red assessory wire to every single fuse in my fuse box and it still don't work, gages are still crazy.
Someone said to put my red wire with my yellow power wire then run to the amp. Would this help or would this hinder the situation?
Any advise is helpful as I am at a loss.
I put 2 12 inch subs and amp in my honda and had no issues at all.
Thank you in advance

#2 ·
For my 2007, I just used a harness that attaches to the factory connector - including the red/yellow wires, as well as ground. Running it to the sunroof fuse shouldn't have affected your gauges, though...did you not want to use the red and yellow wires already existing behind the radio?

Yellow is going to be switched power and red is constant-hot, so I'm not sure I would want those wired together, nor should they need to be run all the way back to the amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.