Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my Cobalt the other day and want suggestions on what I should start out doing. I figured this was the best place to get ideas on it. it's a red 08 LS 2.2 Cobalt 5 speed. I have done a couple visible things to it like Aftermarket headlights and Taillights as well as a SS spoiler in the time I've had it which is about 4 days. I'm just wanting your guys opinion on what I should do first, whether it be on the exterior or in the engine. Thanks a lot guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
my recomend

FE 5 struts ,good springs, and saving the rest for the kids college fund AKA (supercharger/blower setup)......honest honey no more money going in the car I promise:smile2:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well, if you just want to make it faster, get an intake and exhaust. K&N or Injen are good intakes, and ZZP's midlength header & downpipe paired with their 2.5" catback is one of the best for the Cobalt. If you want to go all out on naturally aspirated mods, then you should consider getting the LSJ throttle body and 2.4l intake manifold. You'll need to get the car tuned for those mods though. If you do go that route, I'll be selling my LSJ throttle body & adapter plate (bolt pattern's not quite right for the 2.4l intake manifold) pretty soon since I'm supercharging mine.

If you want to go around corners fast, get the FE5 struts and shocks, and pair them with some good springs such as SSC or CM.

K&N Cold Air/Short Ram Intake
Injen Cold Air Intake
ZZP Midlength Header & Downpipe (1.5" primaries)
ZZP 2.5" Catback (With Resonator)

CM Springs
SSC Springs
FE5 Driver Side Strut
FE5 Passenger Side Strut
FE5 Rear Shocks (x2)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Just be prepared to be underwhelmed with a maxed out bolted NA. If you can put down 150whp after a tune count yourself lucky. A stock SS/SC will leave you in the dust.

But there's more to a build than speed alone, so if you go down that route, best of luck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
it all depends on what you have
A: Money for
B: Time for
C: Patience for

there are tons of good threads about mods you can do and some have pictures on the play by play how to do them, so what do YOU want to do to it?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have injen cai, 2.4 intake manifold and throttle body, and full 2.5 inch exhaust with a trifecta tune and I only dyno'd 140 hp and 126tq. Real numbers require more than bolt ons unfortunately. But I'm happy with my ride. I also did a full SS body kit and some suspension work so she's looking sexy af

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thats a nice looking Red Ride you have there.
It looks like it's speeding all ready!

I can say you will be pleased with the FE5 struts & shocks. Then from there start with what you know it will need.
Brakes
Tires
Good oil & filters (oil&air)
Fresh air filter behind the glove box
Basic tune up plugs & O2 sensors
New Lower Control Arms (forged Aluminum)
Flush & change cooling system

That will keep you for a day or 2
Then add the FE5 springs & front FE5 sway bar.
From there you can decide if you need or want a heavier rear add on sway bar

So do you have sound from all 4 speakers? Might want to replace the front door speakers that are known weak points
From this much you will be close to $1000-$1500 if you dont get new wheels
AND
You will have a nice running 30-38 mpg red ride to drive for quite a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.