Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, not RIGHT now, but shortly...just talked to my brother and he said my new bulbs arrived at home (im at work). im going to switch them out before i go meet my girlfriend for dinner somewhere. last time i switched out my bulbs it took me forever because i couldnt figure out how to unclip the bulb (or unplug the bulb) and get it unscrewed from the light housing. after i did figure it out, i did the other light in 30 seconds. could someone please tell me how to do this the right way and quickly, so i dont take 2 hours trying to figure it out again and so im not late for dinner with my girlfriend? haha thanks guys, i feel like such a technically challenged idiot

·
Registered
802 Posts
the way i do it is pull those lil plastic tab's off the top of the upper grill take out the 2 bolt for the head light and slide it out.. and then unscrew the bulb replace and screw back together

·
Registered
802 Posts
hold on i got my stock headlight's i'ma take some pic's for you hopefully it'll help gimme like 5 minutes

·
Registered
802 Posts
first things first pull the head light out of the car... this can also be done while the lighting wire's are still attached to the car... locate that black ring around the bulb with 2 notches in it and turn it counter clockwise to loosen(becarefull sometime's they can be in there really tight)

then pull out the assembly

disconnect the blue plug from the buld by using a small flat head or your finger to pull up on the tabs

remember the order is bulb, ring, plug

line the notch up from the new bulb to the notch in the headlight... (picture below)

press bulb firmly into place.. usually that lil notch on the bulb will be facing the top of the headlamp

now screw the ring back in turnin it clockwise... insert plug and reinstall headlamp to vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, it was a very big help...got the bulbs in just in time; in fact my girlfriend cameover to pick me up because she wanted to see them...according to her "oh wow, those are cool" lol trying to act like she cares haha. it took about 20 minutes if that, and thats because i took my sweet old time. haha thanks a lot though!! ill get pics up sometime

·
Registered
802 Posts
Good wright up man. You should wright up the part about taking them out of the car then add this to it, and post it in the how-to section!
i just might do that... i'm bouta send him a lil write up on adjusting too so it'll be a full on headlight write up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.