Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need your opinions before I go and argue with the stealership. I have H&R Sport springs installed on my car which I realize voids the warranty of they are found to be the cause of any damage to my suspension. Lately I've been getting a pop noise when I turn, and so I bring it to the stealership and they say you've got a seized strut mount bearing (proper name?) but it's not warranty because you have aftermarket springs.... blah blah blah... I don't believe you... I'm not very mechanically inclined, but if my written invoice says "seized bearing" i'm going to argue and here's why:

if the bearing was beat up or banged up or something, sure, I don't know if the spring could actually cause that but they could argue that the people who put my springs on beat it up or whatever.... but if it is a "seized bearing" then the spring can't cause that... that's seized... not beat up, not broke because of my spring, it's seized... that's warranty. They would not be able to prove my spring broke this.

So do you guys think i have an arguement or am i stuck payin?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
No, because your springs could put undo stress on the bearing causing it to seize. At least that is what they will tell you. The bearing is only like 20 on CED so not a huge loss

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmm yeeah, not worth the argument haha it's actually 50 on CED, but the car is already in the garage taken apart so I might as well just tell them to put it on haha

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
For sure. It sucks and it's possible that the springs didnt cause it but you know they will win that arguement

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If these springs were installed to lower your car, you have already lost the argument, especially if you kept original struts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha yeah, I know the consequences when I mod, but hey, if I can have a short argument and save a couple dollars I would, but obviously this was a lost cause hahaha

I argued one time because I heard a slight noise (which is too difficult to describe) and I brought it to the stealership they heard it and said okay we'll see what we can do... they call me later and say it's because you have an intake (even though it's a gmpp intake, but they didn't install it) i was like mm noooo it's not.. sure enough it was in the steering column.... absolutely nothing to do with the intake at all hahahaha i argued that one and i won, but hey, ya win some ya lose some, no biggy, it's the price you pay to mod when under warranty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.