Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting some projector headlights and install HIDs. I was wondering which ones are the easiest to aim/adjust? I was going to go with the Gen 1 lights, but have read that you have to remove the headlight to adjust. I am thinking on the Gen 2s or 3s. Just wondering if they can be adjusted without removal. I know he Depo/Gen 4s can be adjusted like that, but kind of want the halo/led feature. Also I would love to see pics of white cobalts with the gen 1/2s in black. thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll get the best results doing a retrofit.

I know retrofit is the best way to go, but I do not have the money to purchase nor the skills to do it myself. Just looking for something easy to install and that is not around here, and nobody has anything aftermarket on the Balts around here, other than rims.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only thing leading me to use the gen 2 is cause of the h7 bulbs. I know they are a little better than the h1 bulb. still unsure and still doing research. thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
i have gen 2's, in chrome tho so i wont waste your time with pics..
you have to take the headlight out to adjust it, huge PITA!
decent output. low beams are ok, brights are bomb.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ xxenjoi11 -- thanks fro the heads up, that is what I really needed to know. I don't feel like removing headlights to adjust.

@ kcg795 -- I wasn't sure if it made a difference or not, thanks for the info.

Anyone with gen 3 lights on here...can you adjust the lights without removing them? I know the Gen 4/Depo lights are like that, but would like the halo/led feature. thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
seperating head lights is easy.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Set oven to bake (not sure the temp. I think I've heard around 325) for 10 minutes. Pull out and seperate cover. Do your work and seal it back up. It's really not as hard as some people say.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.