Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i went to give my cobalt a wash and when rinsing off the headlights with the pressure washer from a decent distance away i noticed right under the headlight that the paint on the bumper was peeling...I need some advice on how to stop this or fix it, cuz i don't want it looking bad (winter driven right now too) so i try to keep it clean from salt, any ideas, or help is greatly appreciated oh and my front bow tie was paint black and now has a chip in it, i guess i should sand it and repaint it? and add clear coat?

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Depends on the size of the peel if it's dime size or palm size. Touch-up paint.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its more or less a dime size peel, but its along the bottom of the headlight, its like the little edge the headlight rests on

·
Registered
59 Posts
if its peeling it means something got under the paint and caused it to not stick to the ecoat. u could just touch it up, but eventually its gonna crack out again. depending on how big of an area it is, i would take to a body shop and see what they say

·
Registered
353 Posts
A picture says more than a thousand words....

Besides fixing it I'd be worried about what caused it. Your light is not supposed to 'rest" on it. If that is the case on yours, that may be the cause of the damage. Make sure your headlight is properly mounted. Those things are an absolute bitch to get back in place once you take them out!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill post a pic as soon as possible, sorry didn't even thinking about a picture hahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.