Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a turbo swap on my sc at the end of the week and I dont think my stock suspension is going to beable to keep up. The roads around where I live are really bad. I've never owned a car with adjustable suspension so I'm not sure how to really set it up right. I was thinking of just getting the KW varriant 1 as these come setup for my car from there factory. But If setting them up isnt as difficult as I think its going to be maybe I'll go with the varriant 2. Or is there a better setup out there.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
My advice would be to do the swap and then test out the suspension you have currently, The SS/Sc and SS/TC factory components are pretty close in comparison. The TC suspension is slightly better but honestly I don't think you will have much of an issue, as many guys are in the low to mid 300's on factory suspension in their TC's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm going to spend the money on labour and the cost of the suspension I might as well go with the coilovers. plus I heard coilovers are magical.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not that conserned about the drop..I want performance for the track! But I have been reading some forums and the stance gr are what most people say are the best. I dont know why people dont like the K-sports there probly the biggest name for suspension that we can get on our cars.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
If you want handling, get SS/TC struts and shocks and Pedders springs.

If you want low, Stance GR+ I can prove they get you down.

Those are really the only answers lol

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
From what I've read coilovers generally aren't all that great performance wise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coilovers are great if your not on a bumpy road. Highway driving and smooth country roads will be your friend. I run k-sports and I absolutely love them. Amazing handling but pot holes are your worst enemy. And train tracks... and bumps... o and little cracks too. Lol but still wouldnt go back to struts and springs

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
But For actual performance handling? I've read in quite a few places that coil-overs are not the way to go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Although I havent had them out on the track yet, I have Pedder Xa Coilovers with the Camber plate adjuster. I love them..Yes I feel every bump but what do you expect with Performance parts, not built for regular roads. I love them, I turn better I get better grip with them. I can take corners at much higher speeds. They were well worth the investment I made in them.

I cant wait to see what they do on the track with my turbo setup

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
coilovers are cool and all... but think about everyday driving. they may have a hell of a lot better handling and a great stance...but imo, upgrading the shocks/struts and putting on performance lowering springs accompanied by sway bars w/ endlinks is going to be a phenomenal improvement also. i upgraded to ss/tc shocks/struts/front sway bar w/ moog endlinks and my handling is amazing. it's cheaper, may be a little more work, but it's worth it for every day driving. i'm waiting on my rear sway bar to get here also, and that will just add to the greatness.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
coilovers are cool and all... but think about everyday driving. they may have a hell of a lot better handling and a great stance...but imo, upgrading the shocks/struts and putting on performance lowering springs accompanied by sway bars w/ endlinks is going to be a phenomenal improvement also. i upgraded to ss/tc shocks/struts/front sway bar w/ moog endlinks and my handling is amazing. it's cheaper, may be a little more work, but it's worth it for every day driving. i'm waiting on my rear sway bar to get here also, and that will just add to the greatness.
gonna love it. best 200 bucks ive spent on the car yet. which one did you go with?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have Coil overs (Function & Form Type 1's) in my integra. Daily driving with them is so much nicer then struts/springs. I want to get coil overs for the cobalt. I think the drive feels better.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
i don't mind a stiff suspension. the things i hated about my car before i upgraded the suspension were the body roll and the fact that if i'm going 100mph down the freeway, i thought my car was going to sway off the road. i don't get that anymore AT ALL with just the shocks/struts/springs/front sway bar. i feel so much safer driving this car now, can't wait for that damn rear bar

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally I love the powell Bar, I have the hardcore bar and I also have his upgraded Lower control arms with the upgraded T & L Cab Bushings

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.