Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting some SS/TC struts and shocks for my Baby. 07 LS w/ 2.2.
I understand that the will fit with no problems, i've read that more than enough times. I just wanna be able to trust where i buy them on the internet. Or maybe one of you guys has them for sale from their car. I'm just picky from where i buy them, and i don't want defective ones or ones that will fail shortly after installation.
I'm posting a screenshot of one of the few places that has what i'm looking for inside of my price range. My limit is 400$

And the other parts website that google had searched for was oepartshq.com. Their prices are super high and i couldn't be able to afford both sides of the struts for the car.

FYI, Linux ftw

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
that's probably the cheapest you're gonna get. good price... all of those gm websites get their parts straight from the supplier. these are OE parts for 08-10 TC, so there's going to be no difference as long as they're the oem part number

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
None, but you should consider upgrading your tie rod ends and bushings since you will be in there. These go out quick and make a terribly annoying squeeking sound. Usually $40-$50 for the ends and bushings depending on if you just get FE5 or you go aftermarket ie Moog or eibach.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

eibach actually has a package with front and rear sway bars, tie rod ends, bushings, and performance springs for around $550

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I APPRECIATE this more than you can ever imagine guys! Thank you so much MP81!
And I was thinking that myself blackbalts. Since i live in MB, i gotta wait till tourist season starts again to start making money once more. But once i do, I'll be getting that package.

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
I recommend the SS/SC front sway bar and either TTR or Powell rear bar. The SS/SC front bar is 24mm and the biggest you want to go - not to mention, its cheap! That along with some Moog end links and you'll be rocking!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I think the eibach package comes with a larger than 24mm front sway and the rear is 24mm, do you not suggest such an increase?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Ced charges for shipping though.... The company he posted the picture of was free shipping and 5 bucks cheaper all around for the same parts... Just sayin

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Also... Any sway bar in the rear is an increase... Considering there isn't one from the factory lol. You could piece together your own package for cheaper, just shop around.

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
I think the eibach package comes with a larger than 24mm front sway and the rear is 24mm, do you not suggest such an increase?
Anything bigger in the front, in my opinion (and others'), would cause a large increase in understeer or plowing...

TTR bar is an inch, Powell is 1", 1.25" and 1.5", the latter two causing some oversteer.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Do you mean any bigger in the front vs the rear or just bigger than stock in the front will cause understeer?

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
Too big of a front sway bar will cause understeer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I recommend the SS/SC front sway bar and either TTR or Powell rear bar. The SS/SC front bar is 24mm and the biggest you want to go - not to mention, its cheap! That along with some Moog end links and you'll be rocking!
Wow 54$ for SS/SC front sway
you weren't kidding. that's a steal. well when comparing to the eibach

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
Wow 54$ for SS/SC front sway
you weren't kidding. that's a steal. well when comparing to the eibach
Yep, not to mention, it'll balance the car better, and I've heard on occasion about the Eibach stuff cracking/breaking...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Good to know. Gonna look around to find the ss ones. Is there a difference between the SC and Tc for my 05 ls?

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
Swaybar? No, they'll both fit. The TC is 23mm while the SC is 24mm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.